Friday, July 25, 2008

Do you want to be a Milk Kova???



5:30 AM 6th May, 2008

Waking up after after hitting the snooze button in my mobile for the tenth time, it was high time to push myself out of my cozy bed. Crawling outside, I went straight to the kitchen to make myself my cup of hot coffee. After the water boiled, I poured that hot water into the coffee filter filled with sweet smelling coffee powder(oh…how much I love to have a filter coffee early every morning!!!). Next I opened the fridge and took out 1 litre of Aavin milk, poured that into a milk pan (which I had washed with drinking water coz I didn’t want the milk to get spoilt). After nearly 5 minutes, I heard that thing which I didn’t want to hear that morning……that peculiar sound that comes when the milk gets spoilt. Man!!! I had to open up yet another milk packet and boil that in another carefully cleaned milk vessel, hoping that this one wouldn’t get spoilt like the previous one. Yet again, I heard that same dreadful sound and big lumps were found in that vessel. Sigh!!! I had to open the last packet of milk that was left in the fridge; with fingers crossed I allowed it to boil and went to play my favorite CD in the music player. This time the milk split even before I could even get near the stove!!!!!

I was so upset for various reasons. One was because I had used up all the milk vessels that were used for boiling milk. Two, I took special care to clean them. Three, there was no milk left. Four, I was afraid my mom would get upset because I finished all the milk that was rationed for the day. And there were many other such reasons. But above all these reasons, there was one sense of doubt that filled my heart. What did I do wrong today? I followed the same exact procedure that I followed every other morning and yet how could this thing ever happen?

Just when these thoughts were filling my mind I heard yet another sound that I dreaded at that particular moment. The door of my parent’s bedroom close carefully. Which meant - my mom was coming out of her room taking extra care not to wake up daddy. I was preparing myself for all the shelling that mom would shower at me for spoiling 3 litres of milk that morning. Just as she entered the kitchen, I imagining and expecting my mom to turn out into a Dracula and roar her lungs out….actually flopped!!! She just greeted me with her beautiful smile and said “That’s ok! Milk got spoilt. So what? We’ll have black coffee for today!!!” In spite of her trying to be nice to me, I still felt guilty for spoiling all that milk. That’s when she told me that the reason why the milk had got spoilt wasn’t my fault but it was the fault of the really hot summer weather. Mr. Hot Summer had spread its waves and infected that clean milk.

That’s when something struck my mind. A perfect analogy!!! I would like to associate ourselves with that milk. Just like how the milk is pure without any blemish so are we pure when we were created by our Heavenly Maker. He took extra trouble to place us in the right place (clean vessel). He ensured that we had the right kind of situations (right flames on the stove) around us in order to make us presentable (milk ready to drink!!). But we allow an external force (Mr. Hot Summer) to affect our true purpose of living. That external force might be in the form of friends. This Mr. Hot Summer might enter our lives uninvited and sometimes we believe that he would never harm us. But little do we know that we tend to get influenced slowly, unconsciously, involuntarily by this attractive Mr. Hot Summer!!! Just when we think we are enjoying ourselves with the best things around us, this Mr. Hot Summer leaves us unexpected with a mark of disgrace, shame, hurt, despair and a sense of utter failure. I guess that’s why our parents advice us to take time to choose good friends who would never harm us in any way and make us lose our true identity.

“Now don’t you worry lets clear this mess up!!!” SNAP….I had got back to reality and realized that my mom was talking to me all this while and getting ready to do something with that spoilt milk. I laughed over it and said what you could possibly do with the supposedly spoilt milk apart from just throw it down the drain?? Instead my mom started pulling out ingredients to make something out of the spoilt milk. She added all those ingredients and continuously kept stirring the spoilt milk. She didn’t leave it unstirred even for a second. As time passed by, the milk that initially appeared to have been spoilt turned out to be thicker and transformed into a delicious dessert called Milk Kova.

Similarly, many a times you might be completely broken down because a friend ditched you. Or maybe a friend taught you all the bad habits that has engulfed you and you believe you can never be set free from the bondage of those bad habits.
My dear friends are you lost and left lonely? Feeling dejected and heart broken? Has any friend left you scarred with an un-repairable damage? Do you think you are empty and useless? Do you blame yourself for all the things happening around you?? Are you scared to face your loved ones because of your faults??

Everyone has weaknesses. We might be a bundle of flaws and imperfections: emotional, physical, intellectual and spiritual. But our God wants you just as you are to use you for His glory. Just remember that if you want your life to be transformed from bitterness to sweetness you just need to surrender your life into the hands of Your Maker. He might have brought in people into your life who might have left you devastated but He is always in control of your life. When situations around you seem to stir you inside out, always trust the hand that is stirring your life. When everything around you keeps going round and round leaving you dizzy and confused, remember that Jesus has every power to convert that mess into something useful and thus bring in a purpose into your life. The bible says,
“If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.”

Are you ready??

Do you want to be like that spoilt Milk that was submissive to its maker’s hands and be transformed into something tasty like the Milk kova? Or do you want to remain the rest of your life like the spoilt milk which stinks and is useless? Are you willing to let God be your ultimate security? The decision is yours. Never forget that Jesus is there with arms opened wide to embrace you; love you in spite of all your faults. Jesus said, “Come to me, all you who are troubled and weighted down with care, and I will give you rest.” Allow Him to transform your sorrows into joy.

5 comments:

Senthil Anand said...

Simply Superb!

A beautiful analogy to help us understand the ways of the lord. It's so amazing to think that no matter what you do wrong, he still loves you and brings the best out of you!

God truly spoke to me through this blog today!

God Bless you!

Anonymous said...

Awesome One, God can use anything to make it into a useful something, He brings beauty out of Ashes, wonderful put together blog.

I pray it touches many and draws ppl to their First Love.

God bless ya in abundance :) Keep smiling

Anonymous said...

I will not comment on the content but your writing style is conversational and it will suit excellent for a blog writer... Write more and write frequent...
Kudos

Anonymous said...

AMEN

Its a Fantablous thought Greets...May God touch many people life who comes across this blog as HE touched me. God loves us in every situation and in every season.He is Father waiting for us with his arms open wide

GOD BLESS U ANGEL !

Anonymous said...

My God as I know Him is neither so mean, nor so impotent.

My Bible says that David slew Goliath, Daniel stood unmolested in the lion's den, and Moses walked through the Red sea inspite of all three being toiling men of God, who had to endure and persevere through tough externalities(Hot Summers).

You would make me believe that if these stories were re-written to read David withdrew, Daniel scathed and Moses became Ramses's soup, it would still be God's will. I would not accept it.

At times we try to design a God out of the fabrication of our feelings or the bitterness of our experiences. He is He, without our compromises or our exaggerations.

God keeps His kids Unblemished and that's His will concerning them. So don't let the devil lead you into believing compromises are part of His hand stirring your life. No milk kova only milk will do. Never give up on that march towards perfection. Our Lord is a perfectionist not one who settles for second best. He hasn't promised us a fool's paradise. With Him all things are possible, only set your orientation straight.

And Miss.Hot Summer seems more a fit in your analogy.

Ma'nan'gati Ma'tta'ah! If you be an Angel, who would Michael be? I wonder!